Monday, June 16, 2014

The weekend that Emerson Stephanie was born....

OK ... so I normally do a weekend wrap up on Monday's but one weekend event kinda took priority over my trip to Sam's Club, making it look so trivial. Though I did get a great deal on Sharpie pens.... :)

I wanted to share part of my experience of the day just because it was so amazing. 

I actually took pictures of the whole labor & birth process for Chasity & Ryan & since we got home last night around 9, I only have the beginning of the labor process edited up & ready to go... so I almost hesitated posting anything until I had all the pictures edited so I could show the smiles on their face when they saw & held their daughter for the first time... 

But I can't wait... I'm horrible at patience...  So I'll just share a little bit of what I have & maybe I'll post some more pictures later this week...

So... the funny thing was we saw Ryan & Chasity at a baby shower on Saturday night & she was telling me how convinced her dad was that she was going to have the baby that night.  Oh dad.  ... but when I woke up on Sunday morning, as soon as my eyes opened, I said to Ricky, "Did my phone ring over night & we miss it?  Bobby said Chasity was going to have the baby!"... so I must have bought into it.

Once I checked my phone didn't have any missed calls, we started to go through emails & then my cell phone rings... & its Chasity's mom... Ricky & I just stared at each other...

I pick up & hear "Operation Baby Peencha is in effect" ... Peencha is just another word we use for anything & everything precious & adorable ... & what we've called the baby the whole time since no one knew what the baby would be.

I just said in my usual tone, "SHUT UP!!! Are you SERIOUS?!?!" ... like she would call at 7 am just for the fun of it...

I felt like a new mom myself because I had my camera bag packed & at the door for such an event & I just had to throw on some clothes, make an iced coffee & we were out the door... thank goodness it was 7:30 am on a Sunday - no traffic whatsoever.  I think we made it to the hospital in about 15 minutes.  Thank you Mr. Policemen for not being out early.


We got there & Chasity was feeling the contractions but she wasn't horribly miserable... just maybe couldn't talk during a contraction but was able to get up & walk around...

This was the fun part of the day.  Family visiting, cheering her on, building up the anticipation...  trying to let Chasity get some rest since she & Ryan were up at 2:00 am with the start of the day...



The bad thing, her water hadn't fully broken.  It ruptured, which is why she was in the hospital & they kept her... but we had to wait on the doctor to get there...

so we waited & waited...

 

The doctor finally got there a little after 1:00 & finally got the rest of that water to break... they then warned us it would be a long day & maybe by late evening the baby would be there...

They don't know how badly Chasity wanted to see her baby... it wouldn't be that long.

The contractions & labor pains hit her HARD as soon as the water broke.  Bless her heart - she was so emotional & it made everyone else just want to comfort her, but we knew the best thing was just to leave & let her momma & Ryan get to work on making her feel better. 

It took about 2 hours of hard labor for her & they were going to check to see if she progressed at all... thinking she probably hadn't.  She was at a 4... they called the epidural miracle doctor & she was already at a 5 by the time he was there.  By the time he left, she was at a 6!!! 

They called Ryan, her momma & me back to the room...

Bless her heart - she was struggling so bad.  It's one of those things you just can't control & you hate to see... but her mom was so good at getting her to focus & breath through the contractions... & Ryan was so good at getting whatever she needed.  Blankets... fans... blankets...fans... hormones are great.

The nurse came in & said,  you shouldn't be breathing that hard after your epidural.  But she was getting no relief. 

I told Ryan, I'm going to go in the bathroom because I think this is going to happen quick.  When I washed my hands & came out, they told me she was at a 9... WHAT?!?!?!?!

But they called the epidural doc to come up & help her pain, but that was so useless because they were literally giving her the medicine as they were prepping the room for delivery.  They told her that her body was progressing way faster then the epidural could catch up...

she was on her own...

& man, she was a rock star.

They had originally told her a first time mom could push for up to an hour to 3 hours... Chasity was like, Nope...I want to know what this baby is.. & she had that baby out in less then 10 minutes!!!

It was amazing to be in that room... to feel the energy... to see her face when she saw her baby for the first time... to see tears in Ryan's eyes as he got to celebrate the best Father's Day ever... to see Chasity's momma look at her daughter with pure love...

I was blessed beyond words to be there in that moment...

(I want to show pictures!!!! See why I debated posting this yet)

I love how they do it now.  They put the baby on Chasity & that's where she stayed for the first half hour.  No jerking her away, no rushing to do anything... just mommy & daddy & Mimi time...

& it has to make a difference. That baby was so content.  Calm.  So aware of her environment.  She'd move her head whenever she's hear her momma & daddy's voice.  It was quite amazing.

The best part - no one else in the world knew what the baby was...

They originally said dad would have to go to the waiting room to tell everyone, but the nurse was so fantastically amazing & said, everyone can come back so momma could see the reaction too.  I think the nurse wanted to see as well because she was sure it was a girl... (I got a fantastic picture when the baby was born, that nurse is in the background giving a fist pump because she was right!)

This was earlier in the day but that was the awesome nurse

I went out & brought everyone back & Ryan was holding a blue hat & a pink bow & then told Chasity's dad (who was CONVINCED it was a boy) to hold the blue hat.... because they wouldn't be needing it... IT'S A GIRL...

Oh my gosh... everyone's reaction was fantastic!!! Again, I got the best picture of it...

am I killing you not being able to see the pictures? I'm killing myself...

Everything from there is just happiness, butterflies & wonderment...

We got moved to another room & baby went to the nursery to get cleaned up & all her blood drawn & finger printed...


& Chasity could finally eat something other then a popsicle.

What an amazing day... my emotions are still flying high.  So honored to be a part of it & to be able to capture the day for Chasity.  When I uploaded the pictures last night, I got all teary going through the day again... I'm so glad she'll be able to look at these pictures & remember the day herself... without the labor pains stabbing her...

Birth sessions.. I think I found a new line of work in photography I could easily go in...

Emerson Stephanie
7 lb 11 oz ... born 5:04 pm

That's me holding her right after she was born
when I had a little talk with her about how she's a Princess

________________________________

& a big shout out to my awesome daddy who I didn't even get to see on Father's Day because I was at the hospital all day long.

I know I have one of the best dad's in the world & this just reminded me how unselfish he is & encouraging in supporting others.  The best dad ever!

& he'll get me all day on Tuesday when I get to spend the day in the hospital with him for his hip replacement surgery...

... yeah, maybe not as fun...

14 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I LOVE HER NAME!!!!! Perfect.

    She is a doll. A.doll. So happy things went well and mama and baby are doing so good.

    Such a beautiful post.

    Love you friend ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo incredibly beautiful!! I would love to do Birthing Sessions and I have this desire to become a midwife! You are an amazing woman!! Breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing experience to be a part of! I can't wait to see some of the pictures. What an adorable baby girl and a perfect little family for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're killing me! Can't wait to see all these sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these stories! You had me tearing up and I'm dying to see pictures! Congratulations to your friends - what a beautiful baby and her name is just precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Rebecca.Emerson is smiling for you first! Amazing blog.Thank you for sharing.God sure loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable ... and I'm so happy that you were able to be there (even if "working") to share that special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, I am in tears reading this..so beautiful!!!

    God is so good, what a gorgeous little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome day for them, and you all! I loved this, I can't wait to see those pictures! PS- said a little prayer for your daddy today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your presence and those pictures and this story will be a blessing to this entire family for as long as they live. I have goosebumps!! So glad you were there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, that was HEATHER posting up there, not Joe!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me