Monday, April 21, 2014

The weekend I finshed another half marathon....

Just because you know it's going to deserve a post all in itself, I'll post my race recap tomorrow...

But the weekend was busy enough... here we go...

Friday

* Headed to the race expo & so glad I did.  First of all, a TV camera crew followed me to pick up my race packet & filmed me picking it all up.  Not even sure which station it was, & I'm sure it was just for a quick snippet because they didn't even ask my name... but you should have seen me. I was the happiest & smiling-est person EVER to pick up a race packet.... even kept my posture more straight.

* Found a display that you paid to have them tape up parts of your body.  Now, y'all know I believe in my KT Tape.  This was different.  It was called Spider Tech - & it came pre-cut to whatever body part you need.  They would apply it as well.  BEST $10 SPENT IN MY LIFE!  The lady put it on me (... its actually still on, even after the race & showers & Easter & everything else....) & it has made ALL the difference in the world.  Can I find this woman & visit her every week?  I would totally do it!

Expo
*   Also found a few gadgets I've been looking at in Running Magazines... I was giddy walking out with all my new things from the expo.

* Ricky's first question on the phone when I told him everything I found - "How much did you just spend?" ... $15.00 ... anyone that has read "The Antelope in the Living Room" will get that $15.00 reference :)

*  The best part of race eve night?  CARBS!! YES YES YES!!!
Makes me want to run a race every weekend
(maybe not)

* I never sleep well on race night... but I've been so exhausted during the whole week doing so much, I was out like a light by 10:00 watching "Say Yes to the Dress"... thank you Randy for your soothing voice

Saturday

* I was already up, had breakfast made & ate & was getting dressed before Ricky even woke up.  I was ready to go....

* I don't want to go into too many details of the race because I'll post tomorrow... but YEP.. I finished... & had Ricky by my side from mile 11 to the finish... So thankful he was there. 

* People everywhere had flowers for their family that was crossing the finish line.  I thought it was the cutest though - Ricky had called me when I was at mile 10 & said, "Do you want an iced coffee?" ... (he knows my new obsession with that) & I said, "If I drink an iced coffee right now, I'm going to puke like the Exorcist"... he said OK... so when we cross the finish line, he said, I didn't have flowers for you, but I wanted to give you an iced coffee because I know you liked that better".... ahhh - just the thought of him wanting to do that made me so happy

Us
* We headed to McAllister's for lunch... & yes, I wore my medal in for lunch.  Duh!

* I wasn't the only one - there was a table with about 5 people wearing medals.  It's like a private club where you all smile at each other & say, "Yeah, we deserve to eat"

* What do you do after you run a half marathon?  Head to Sam's club... luckily I brought a pair of slide on shoes... I had a blister the size of a quarter on my foot (you'll hear ALL about it in the recap) & my foot was KILLING ME... but those shoes helped & I was able to limp around Sam's Club.  Mostly just telling Ricky where I would shuffle & told him to find me when he was done looking at what he wanted to see.

* I got home, was able to shower off & then had to immediately head to church for our Easter Skit practice.  I didn't know my body could hold up under so much.

* Ricky & I headed out to dinner & my body was tightening up.  My inner thighs were the only thing that really hurt & by the end of the night, I had to literally lift my leg up with my hands to even get in the car... it was bad...

* Tangled ... I'll watch it every time its on

* I went to bed scared to death I was not going to be able to move the next day & I had this huge Easter skit...

Sunday

* EASTER MIRACLE!! I woke up in NO PAIN!! (except my stupid foot blisters)... my legs were good, my back was good, everything was great.  I told Ricky, if there was any day for a miracle, it was on Easter.

* Yep, every Easter, people dress so beautifully & in dresses & look so SPRING... me?  This is what I got to look like on Easter...

You think I'm joking?
I'm serious...
DEAD serious...
No pun intended

* The Easter skit went perfectly!  So proud to be a part of it & to be a part of it with some amazing people

Yes, I'm holding a knife... looking happy

* I got to work down in the children's ministry during the 2nd service & it was so fun to see Ricky make a new buddy....


* That little dude was giving Ricky knuckle bumps & would just stare at me like I was crazy when I tried to make him give me one.  Boy Power was in full force.

* My family didn't do Easter lunch this year, so Ricky & I went out & ate at Logan's... everything was empty ... & a LOT of places were closed (which we loved to see places closed for the holidays)... but it was like a private little lunch for us...

In a steak house, Peanuts are my protein :)
#vegetarianrules

* Came home & just enjoyed the beautiful afternoon.  Ricky cut the grass & I read my Dorothy Must Die book (its SOOOO good)... the dogs were glad we were home.

* Julie's Birthday!!  She said she got to celebrate good in Nashville with her friend...so glad.  She said her birthday only has hit on Easter one other time & it will hit only one more time in her 'projected' life time... who knows?  She's a scientist... she may make a cure to life to 200 & then she may get another Easter Birthday in there :)

* Tangled... again...

* YES!! Finishing up the wedding pictures... whew... I don't have to sit in front of the computer for the whole week every night I get home... my arm & my eyes are already saying Thank you.





*Ended my night with the Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion... nothing like ending a Holy Day with some girls cat fighting, pulling on weaves...

Side Note.... after the half marathon, & after that physical skit - I woke up today feeling GOOD!... I am in shock. I was expecting a full body cast kinda feeling today.  Thumbs up for training!

Now, let's root on the Boston Marathon runners today & pray for safety!!!

How was your weekend?


9 comments:

  1. I am SO in awe of you and totally smiling at the goodness of our God!!! Reading this was a great way to start my Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! You did it!!! I love the $15 reference. :)

    Wedding pics are gorgeous!

    AND... you must tell me about this Dorothy book....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to read more about the race!
    2. I love running because of the carbs we get to eat ;)
    3. That wedding look GORGEOUS!!! I love the dresses and colors!
    4. McAlister's - MY FAVORITE!!! I wish we had one within 500 miles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was never any doubt in my mind that you would complete that half! NEVER! So proud of you!!! I just love your wedding photos...seems like you keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was good news on the spider thing you found for your back. Way to go on running the Marathon and the iced coffee was so sweet. I love Tangled :) Awesome wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's body tape?!
    The wedding shots turned out AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so beautiful! What a lovely bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me