Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Hodgepodge Time...



1.  According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?

I'm not good in front of the camera... much better behind it.  But I do appreciate the importance of getting in front of it for memories sake.   I post all my pictures on Instagram... am an Instagram-holic ... Working in photography, a place where you see people's lives via pictures makes my snap happy heart smile.

I actually took a selfie last night... why?  Because I just got my hair done.  Its always the good time to get a selfie.  The ONLY time my hair is that straight.

Took this right before I ran on the treadmill...
Straight no more....Sweat took it over
Why I had to document it while it was straight

2.  Will you send out Christmas Cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?

We wont... we quit sending them out a few years ago.  I quit for a few reasons - 1. everyone usually sends the cute ones with pictures of their family.  My husband refuses to take pictures with me for a card... so it would be weird if I just sent a picture of me in front of a tree.

Side note... I should TOTALLY do that one year.  Take a picture of me in front of the tree with the dogs holding a picture of Ricky... BEST CARD EVER!

Also - Postage... who can afford it now?  I'm one of those people that if I send one card, I don't want to offend the person who they may know who didn't get a card so I'm sending out 500 cards... x $3.90 each for postage... is that what postage is now?... it's expensive

Saying all that... I LOVE LOVE LOVE when I get a Christmas card.  Send me one.  Make my day better.


3.  Do you trust easily?

Do you want me to trust easily?  Ok, I will ;)

The answer - yes. 

Ricky gets on me all the time about it actually.  I trust him when he says I shouldn't... 

I will say - I would never trust anyone this much to do a trust fall... just for this reason


4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?

I'm changing in my old age.   I have always been a vanilla fan... the smell of sugar baking?  How can you not go wrong?

But lately, I've really liked the pine smells.  The smell of outside.  Christmas trees. 

But I also end up choosing cinnamon through Fall & Winter... apple pie smell.  Yes!  I must really love the smell of food.



5.  Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday?  Was that by choice or by necessity?

I was at the beauty salon last night getting my hair done... so equal amounts of talking & listening... its like Cheers ... where everyone knows your name.

 
Its the weird things in life you talk about at a hair salon



6.  What's the last song that got stuck in your head?  Sorry if it's back there now :  )

I hate this song & don't know why it was stuck in my head... but Lady Gaga's "Applause" ... & I don't even know the song, just the chorus... so it was on repeat of "Applause applause applause" ... talk about mental torture.

Jan
This was how I looked when I couldn't stop singing it in my mind


7.  Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?

Come on... we all know I don't travel well...

I just got motion sickness thinking of all the traveling



8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Its almost 70 degrees today... & the bottom is falling out tomorrow.

Snow on Friday... Freezing over the weekend... Ice on Sunday... High in the 20's next week... I'm not happy...

image

... & I hate when my tail is froze

8 comments:

  1. We have same weather. Abnormally high yesterday cold front today arctic air tomorrow. Sleet/Ice/Snow coming.

    Oh the joy of winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that Lady GaGa song drives me nuts! The girls and I rented Just Dance 2014 over the weekend and that was one of the songs on there...couldn't get it out of my head for hours on end! Weirdest weather here, too! Highs up to the low 70's this week, with it dropping dramatically over the weekend. Where's summer? I love your hair...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh, i so laughed at the trust fall video!! I know exactly what you mean about the straight hair! I take selfies every 8-9 weeks when i get home from the salon. My husband thinks photo Christmas cards are dumb so we've never done them. But your idea is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellow Instagram-holic here. :) I always cut the pictures from some of the cards I get and put them in cute little frames on my bookshelf, so that the money people invested in the cards does not go to waste. I love your idea of holding a picture of your husband in a picture of you for a card. That is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubs sometimes sings Lady Gaga's Poker Face to our dog when its time to feed her. He changes the words P-P-P-P-Poker Face to P-P-P-P-Puppy Chow. Definitely an earworm! But fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks like mine. Isn't is true that you can never get your hair to look as good a your hairdresser?!
    I like seeing your Instagram photos. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the food smells, too.

    You HAVE to take that picture. It would be the most epic Christmas card ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate selfies. No matter what I do I look hideous in them. I love the 101 Dalmations gif... I loved that movie as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me