Weekend Roundup ... plus a day...
I'm so messed up... repeat to myself over & over - "Its NOT Monday - its Tuesday"
Here was my weekend
* Ricky worked this morning - but no sleeping in for me... got up & made some breakfast - wanting to get my run in before it was too miserable with the heat
* Went for my run early ... it was still too hot. The humidity was INSANE & I literally was a sticky, sweaty mess.
* Cleaned up & ready to tackle my project of the day... MY CLOSET!!!
* Took me 3 hours - but it is so clean & organized now. You cant tell from this pictures (weird angles wont let me snap a pic) - but my shoes are straight in boxes - by season... my clothes are organized... my knitting goodies are all in a tote labeled... my t-shirts were weeded through... I love just standing in my closet now
* I have 3 HUGE bags of nothing but clothes I got rid of... & still have a ton of clothes... & still feel like I have nothing to wear
* Grill out time... we made corn on the cob & mushroom burgers... yum! Plus, some fresh Kale ... while watching "Princess & the Frog" ... that's just perfection to me.
* Miss the beginning of church for a Family Session... we were scheduled for 3:00 pm but it was going to be the hottest day of the year, so this family was wonderful to move it up till 9:30 ... it was still HOTTTTTTTT - but nothing like it was in the afternoon.
* These were my first "returning clients" :) ... I did Ashley's Senior Pictures last year... made me feel good to know they enjoyed my work so much that they'd come back
* Also my first session with a doggie... they're like working with children
* Chasity assisted me (she's my photography angel) & then we had to BOLT to Jr. High Small Group... we arrived a few minutes late & sweaty from the shoot - but glad to make it
* Ricky & I claimed it "Date Afternoon" & spent the day together...
* A Date afternoon of course always includes Target!!! ... which has Running Skirts on sale for $12.99 ... buy 'em up ladies!!!
* We went to the Japanese Restaurant... mmmm....
* Had to run out to the Senior High Small Group... loved our conversation on "dating"... the guys got to ask questions about girls & vice versa... loved one of the guys questions was "Why do girls have to go to the bathroom together?" ... trying to learn that one early I guess...
* Ricky drove his bike over to the small group & I drove him home... look at Ricky being Mr. Lance Armstrong :)
* We came home & watched "MegaMind" ... I was cracking UP... only to find out that Will Ferrel was the voice of the blue-dude... then it made perfect sense
* Ricky made me a bowl of popcorn during the movie.. I'm not a big popcorn fan - but WOW... it was the best tasting popcorn ever. Come to find out - it was "Theater Butter Popcorn" ... after he told me that, I felt like I should run another 5 miles. Didnt even want to look at the calorie count.
Monday (I wish every Monday was a weekend roundup day)
* Got up with intentions to do an early morning run outside ... but it was SIZZLING... so just stuck to the treadmill. A fan blowing in my face is much nicer then 90% humidity at 9 am
* I want to be Kelly Ripa
* Our Memorial Weekend dinner consisted of Papa johns pizza... I'm addicted to pineapple on pizza now
* We watched "Tower Heist" ... wow... Ferris Bueller is looking OLD!!!!!
* I finished up my DVR with the Merlin finale shows ... now I'm sad its over & cant wait till next season
* We sat out front with Sydney for a bit & she discovered something we have... BEES!!!!! We had a bad time with them in our mulch a few years ago... in my best Poltergist voice... THEY'RE BACK!!!!!!
* Ricky went to war
* Our poor Sydney was stung... she's so allergic to everything & instantly swelled up. We've had to do Emergency Runs to the vet before so she could get shots - so we keep Benadryl on hand... except what we had had expired. DANG IT! So Ricky went out to get some more... & we live in the country & our only Sav-a-step was closed... so he had to drive further down to find a store that was open.
|This was the intial swelling - it got much larger & ROUNDER :(|
... her swelling went down in about an hour... not completely, but enough to where we knew it wasnt going to be an ER trip....
So it was a busy, fun, hectic, sweaty weekend.... I'll take more of them... especially if it involves 3 days!!!