Monday, July 05, 2010

Reminder in the weeds....

I went out back & cleared out some weeds early in the morning, while the ground was still a little moist.  Or I should say, before the sun felt like it was sitting on the ground & burning the air up... what it'll feel like in about an hour actually....

I was throwing the weeds over to the side & something caught my eye...

Can you see the root of this weed?  It actually grew THREW the black rock we have for the ground cover....

I was just amazed at it... gave it a little tug & that thing is in there tight!  I can imagine how it must have kept pushing through the hard road that laid ahead... but it made it through the other side....

I know I feel like giving up when I hit something hard on a road I'm on sometimes... Thank you God for showing me small examples of not giving up & pushing through to the other side is possible!

6 comments:

  1. Yep, now I want to strive to be a weed...

    Okay, like a weed, not actually BE a weed. It's so tough to not give up when the road is hard; this is a good lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RJ,
    WOW that was one persistent weed. Thanks for this analogy today.

    Love you ~~ Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comparison. And glad I don't have that type of weed in my yard, must be hard to get rid of haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, what a great reminder!!!!! :) Needed this!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me